Friday, August 9, 2013

My Summer (so far)


I WANNA DO SO MANY FREAKIN' THINGS AT ONCE!! I want to write about my productive Summer, listen to Blur, read, watch youtube videos, go on facebook, call my friends, and go on Style Rookie!!! Ahhhh where do I start??? I don't wanna make it sound boring and too serious because I wanna make it in the tone of my voice, and if it's too boring I'll stop writing and wait weeks to do another blog post. Wow, I actually made an exiting indroduction. Well then, now that I've said all that, I'll begin by talking about my Summer as a Counselor.
I've been counseling at theater camp for 4 weeks and let me tell you, it is a lot of work! 5 other counselors and I prepared the kids for their show (they did "Sleeping Beauty"and it was fantastic), played games with them, did group projects, watch over them, take them to the bathroom, and take them to the playground. It's like babysitting, but at a theater camp. I did that Monday-Friday from 9 AM- 5 PM and I would come home exhausted. The kids loved me! On the last day of camp they grabbed onto my legs and upper body and did not allow me to leave! They were saying "No Gala, don't go", "Will you come back next Summer?", "You're my favorite counselor", and one of the boys told was thanking my mom for having a great daughter that everybody loves and is a great counselor. I got so emotional and I was crying so much. It was an amazing learning experience because I learned responsibility, and I learned how to take care of children and have full responsibility for them.

Another highlight of my Summer was that I saw a Llama. Yes, everybody, a LLAMA!! IN PERSON! I went to my cousin's house and she lives in the country with her husband and they own the land around their home and they gave us a tour of the area. There was creeks, rainbow eucalyptus, avocado trees, chickens, dogs, horses, and a LLAMA! When we drove by the fence, a llama came running towards us and stared. His name was Louis. Louis the Llama. The rest of my Summer has been great. I was going to watch Pulp Fiction at my best friend's house but I couldn't at the moment so hopefully next week I will be able to. I've been drawing, hanging out with friends, talking to friends, going out to places, having fun and since I am done with counseling, I can spend the rest of the Summer blogging and watching movies. A very productive Summer indeed. My next missions are to buy a sewing machine and making a flower crown inspired by Frida Kahlo. A collection of photos:

Frida Kahlo is stylish

My new friend and I

No comments:

Post a Comment